Based in Cracow, Poland
Coming Soon - 2022
Company press kit:
Free Demo on Steam during Steam Next Fest February 2022
Become the witch of the woods in BLACKTAIL. Slavic myth comes to life in this surreal first-person action-adventure. Discover Yaga’s story and guide her along the path to become either the fearsome guardian of the forest or the dark legend that haunts children’s nightmares.
Create the myth of Baba Yaga by living out the origins of this classic Slavic folk story in BLACKTAIL, the first-person action-adventure from THE PARASIGHT. Experience a one-of-a-kind blend of intense archery combat and dark storytelling set in a vibrant fairy tale world. Choose your path to become either the guardian of the woods or the terror nightmares are made of.
You play as Yaga, a 16-year-old girl accused of witchcraft and expelled from an early medieval Slavic settlement. When living memories of her past return as foul, walking spirits, Yaga is faced with no other option than to hunt them down in hopes of unraveling her own mystery.
Unravel The Past
- Follow a mysterious voice leading Yaga down the dark path to power and discover your own past along the way.
- Track down elusive spirits with the help of the Black Cat, and engage in thrilling boss fights to awaken Yaga’s missing memories.
- Relive memories to gather clues and solve the mystery of Yaga’s lost friends in this 15+ hour adventure.
Explore The Wild
- Harness your trusty bow and gauntlet to defeat the many enemies that haunt the wilds.
- Craft arrows and potions, hunt wild game, and gather resources to survive in the foreboding woods.
- Collect lost recipes from the ancient Grimoire and brew elixirs in the Cauldron to unlock skill upgrades and grow into the tales of legend.
- Transform your playstyle using powerful Hexes and an enchanted Broom.
- Find hidden treasures and pieces of Slavic myths to learn more about your surroundings and history.
Shape Your Future
- BLACKTAIL’s Morality System changes your skills as you make story-defining decisions.
- Choose your alliances and beliefs through fairy tale-driven side quests.
- Decide the fate of the land and its inhabitants: be vengeful and manipulative or honest and compassionate to the creatures of BLACKTAIL’s fantastical forest.
- Dive beyond the surreal. Every memory is an artfully crafted 2.5D narrative episode – each a mind-bending vision shedding light on Yaga’s heart and soul as well as her mysterious origins.
- Focus Entertainment teams up with THE PARASIGHT studio to publish the enchanting BLACKTAIL
- Create The Myth Of Baba Yaga In The New Steam Next Fest BLACKTAIL Demo
- BLACKTAIL Developers THE PARASIGHT Receive Backing From Tencent
- BLACKTAIL Featured In Microsoft’s ID@XBOX Winter Game Fest Demo Event As Part Of Geoff Keighley’s The Game Awards
- Get Down To That Witch House—Slavic Folk Meets Dark Bass in BLACKTAIL
- You Say WITCH Like It’s A Bad Thing. New Studio, THE PARASIGHT, Announces Their Debut Open World Choice-Laiden Adventure, BLACKTAIL
BLACKTAIL | NERGAL - Demo Teaser YouTube
BLACKTAIL | Official Announcement Teaser YouTube
BLACKTAIL | OST - Summer [Reikowski] YouTube
BLACKTAIL | OST - Summer Remix [Reikowski x CZELUŚĆ] YouTube
Coverage - selected examples
BLACKTAIL Gameplay with SplatterCatGaming! YouTube
BLACKTAIL: IGN The First Preview YouTube
There are far more images available for BLACKTAIL, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
- IGN Expo 2021 Summer of Gaming Showcase
- Feature in Microsoft’s ID@Xbox Winter Game Fest Demo event as part of The Game Awards celebration
- Steam Next Fest February 2022
Official Studio Website
Official Project Website
THE PARASIGHT – founded in 2019, is a strong team of experienced developers who share a joint passion for creating wonderfully unsettling games based on dark legends and fairy tales. We consist of skilled game developers and artists who’ve earned their stripes in the industry before moving on to make a mark on their own.
We like to see the world as a place where the most important message hides from the usual senses — the place where most essential words dwell deep between the lines. To reach this world beyond surreal, you’ve got to close your eyes and switch to a different, special kind of sight.
Our studio is located in the heart of Cracow – one of the most recognisable Polish cities in the world, which is the centre of local culture, famous for its architecture, museums and theatres. Easily accessible by all means of transport, where you can find the famous Nowy Kleparz market or the historic centre only a few minutes walk away. Our neighbourhood offers great cultural and entertainment events and local delicacies with bakeries and restaurants, along with parks and bike paths.